If you have just been appointed the photographer for your prom night, what are you going to do? If you have basic knowledge about photography, this will not become a problem. However, if you do not know what you are supposed to do, here are some tips that you have to remember.
- Unless you are trying to achieve something, it is advisable that you take notice of the light. People always tend to look better when the light is hitting their face the right way.
- People have different angles. Try to find the best angle for the person you are trying to photograph.
- Take pictures during the different parts of the event so that you can cover all of the parts in case you would have to put them together.
- If you are going to take individual shots, it would be a good idea to find a nice background. This will change the whole picture entirely.
- Make sure that your subjects will smile genuinely for the camera. One of the reasons why people look weird is because they have fake smiles.
- Spur of the moment pictures will catch people’s personalities better. Just make sure that you do not offend anyone while doing this.
Above all, you should not make it such a big deal. Taking beautiful pictures will come naturally if you will just go with the flow. If you are having a good time, you will probably take better pictures as well.